CWood: The heat blend door actuator is traveling too far and broke the spline end off the door. I have replaced the door and the actuator, but the new actuator travels the same distance. Would this be a problem with the position control potentiometer itself, or something else?
Sparky: I would start with recalibrating the new actuator. The following is from GM service information. It does not state whether to begin with the key on or off. I would try it first with the key off and see if it responds.
Important: Any time an actuator or the HVAC control module is replaced, the HVAC control module must be calibrated to ensure proper air distribution.
- Calibrate the actuators by simultaneously pushing the A/C and RECIRC buttons on the HVAC control module three times each, within two seconds of initial push.
- The A/C and RECIRC button LED’s will flash while this calibration is taking place.
- The calibration will take anywhere between 10 to 30 seconds depending on battery voltage.
- The LEDs will quit flashing when the calibration is complete.
- Cycle the ignition and verify proper operation.
CWood: Thanks Sparky!! I’ll let you know how it goes!
CWood: The a/c control reset worked perfectly!!